Business Mindset and what to do when you don't believe in yourself
Apr 13, 2020
Being an entrepreneur is no easy task, and that's why the success rate is minimal. In this episode, I get real with a lot of the mental battles I had to overcome in my business.
Note: You may also want to check out episodes 5 and 25 for even more info on mindset.
In this week's episode:
- I asked my Business Fabulous Podcast Instagram followers if they wanted this podcast episode to be personal or profesh...the vote was overwhelmingly "personal."
- Your thoughts and your mindset have a great deal to do with the outcome.
- If you're thinking about failure...you'll likely see failure.
- I began my business five and a half years ago with no startup costs, no formal business training, no encouragement from anyone, no guidance, no desk or office, and zero online followers. I was also raising my young sons at the same time.
- The difference between success and failure is giving up.
- The most successful entrepreneurs are also the ones who don't give up, aren't afraid to try, not opposed to admitting they're wrong, open to new possibilities, and are not always the smartest people in the room.
- It took me 14 months to get a paying client because I was learning everything and DOING EVERYTHING BY MYSELF with no support, encouragement or guidance.
- To get the encouragement, support and guidance I needed, I read a lot of business books and articles, listened to motivational and inspirational speeches, TED talks, and podcasts and surrounded myself with as much positivity as possible. I detail more in the episode.
- I interviewed 25 different coaches (they each gave me one hour of free 1:1 coaching sessions) and hated all of them--that's why I became a coach myself.
- Giving myself breaks and allowing myself the time to feel my feelings has also allowed me to succeed.
- Getting rid of the negative influences in my life also helped.
Mentioned in this episode:
This week's challenge:
Get in on the Business Fabulous Social Media Cafe and gain access to hundreds of social media strategies, video tutorials, step-by-step pdfs and much more!
Have you joined my free Facebook group yet? If you want free, proven strategies to get your audience finding you online and buying from you and really grow your business by leaps and bounds, you want to be here!
Wanna chat? Grab a free 20-minute call with me to get the help you need for your business or your podcast!
Be sure to subscribe to the podcast so you won't miss an episode!
Are you ready for more business success? Listen here.
If you enjoy this week's podcast episode, I'd love it if you would do a few things:
1. Subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher or wherever you listen to podcasts.
2. Rate and review the podcast on Apple Podcasts.
3. Tag me on your Instagram stories! Use #business fabulous and I'll reshare your post on my IG accounts! Tag me here: @businessfabulouspodcast @bonnie.frank or @thevisibilityexpert.
Thank you so much for supporting me! 💕
I hope you'll listen in and then hop on over and join our Facebook Group here where the discussion continues.