How to Easily identify triggers, deal with them effectively and get rid of them.
Apr 06, 2020
Triggers are things, people, events, situations, colors, music--literally anything--that set off a negative reaction in your mind and sometimes also parts of your body. And everyone has them.
Note: This episode was taken from a Facebook Live broadcast and the content is stellar; however, the sound isn't perfect.
In this week's episode:
- Triggers are anything (people, events, dates, songs, etc.) that set you off and affect you--usually negatively. It is a thought, feeling, physical reaction in your body.
- Everyone has triggers.
- Triggers may come and go but, ultimately you determine what/who will allow to trigger you as well as those that won't.
- Identifying your triggers takes focus and reflection, but knowing what triggers you and how to effectively deal with them will improve your productivity.
- You are 100% in control of what goes through your social media feeds.
- Like, comment, share, save, archive posts that you want to see more of in the future.
- Mute accounts (silence for a period of time you choose) that you don't want to see.
- Delete posts that you don't want to see or that trigger you right now.
- Block posts and or accounts that you no longer want to see at all. You can always unblock them in the future.
- When you are triggered, you can ignore the trigger (person, song, event, situation, etc.) but this can be difficult.
- You can remove yourself from the same space that the person, song, etc. is or you can limit the times that you are in the same space.
- Surround yourself with positive people, songs, etc, that will help you to move through your day successfully and soften the effects of the triggers.
- When you are able to identify your triggers, the trigger no longer has as much power--YOU have the power.
- Our energy will go wherever our focus goes.
- Nothing can trigger you unless you allow it to.
Mentioned in this episode:
This week's challenge:
Get in on the Business Fabulous Social Media Cafe and gain access to hundreds of social media strategies, video tutorials, step-by-step pdfs and much more!
Have you joined my free Facebook group yet? If you want free, proven strategies to get your audience finding you online and buying from you and really grow your business by leaps and bounds, you want to be here!
Wanna chat? Grab a free 20-minute call with me to get the help you need for your business or your podcast!
Be sure to subscribe to the podcast so you won't miss an episode!
Are you ready for more business success? Listen here.
If you enjoy this week's podcast episode, I'd love it if you would do a few things:
1. Subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher or wherever you listen to podcasts.
2. Rate and review the podcast on Apple Podcasts.
3. Tag me on your Instagram stories! Use #business fabulous and I'll reshare your post on my IG accounts! Tag me here: @businessfabulouspodcast @bonnie.frank or @thevisibilityexpert.
Thank you so much for supporting me! 💕
I hope you'll listen in and then hop on over and join our Facebook Group here where the discussion continues.