Instagram bots and spam and not depending on just one social media platform
Feb 13, 2020
I've noticed a big increase in spam and bots on Instagram stories lately, particularly with polls and quizzes. This week's podcast episode details the ones I found and how to identify them in your social media, as well.
Note: If you're having trouble with Instagram (or any social media platform or Messenger) bots or spam, please reach out to me with a direct message on that social media platform or email me at [email protected] and I will be happy to help you! If you can, include a screenshot of the message you were sent.
In this week's episode:
- There has been a noticeable increase in spam and bots on my Instagram stories lately.
- Bots and spam are different things. Bots are robots, they are automated replies or messages that you receive on social media and are not coming from an actual person.
- Spam is unwanted information. It can come in an email, on social media, in your mailbox at home, or anywhere.
- I detail several accounts that have replied to my Instagram story polls and quizzes recently as spam and bots and how you can recognize them.
- I've had loads of bots reply to my Instagram polls.
- You can report spam to Instagram and I provide an example of the type of accounts I have recently reported.
- You should never rely on only one social media platform and you do not need to be on many of them.
- You just need to be on the social media platforms where your audience lives online.
- Social media isn't actually where the selling happens...you need to bring your followers back to your website to showcase all of your best stuff! Get them on your list with a fabulous opt in.
- Your followers need to get used to going back to your website to watch your videos, read your blog posts, answer a quiz, etc. The longer they're on your site, the more likely they are to buy from you.
- It typically takes between 7-12 'touchpoints" with someone before you buy from them.
Mentioned in this episode:
Have you joined my free Facebook group yet? If you want free, proven strategies to get your audience finding you online and buying from you and really grow your business by leaps and bounds, you want to be here!
Wanna chat? Grab a free 20-minute Business Breakthrough session here or chat about ways to monetize your podcast here.
Be sure to subscribe to the podcast so you won't miss an episode!
Are you ready for more business success? Listen here.
If you enjoy this week's podcast episode, I'd love it if you would do a few things:
1. Subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher or wherever you listen to podcasts.
2. Rate and review the podcast on Apple Podcasts.
3. Tag me on your Instagram stories! Use #business fabulous and I'll reshare that on ALL THREE of my IG accounts! Tag me here: @businessfabulouspodcast @bonnie.frank or @thevisibilityexpert.
Thank you so much for supporting me! 💕
I hope you'll listen in and then hop on over and join our Facebook Group here where the discussion continues.