Entrepreneurship requires time for self development and reflection.
A recent solo trip to New York City taught me a lot about myself and provided opportunities and needed time to reflect personally and professionally. I learned so much about myself, particularly that I can travel solo safely and super confidently and LOVE it!
Mentioned in the episode:
Broadway Roulette (Honestly, the BEST way to see Broadway shows on a budget!)
Bonnie's Tik Tok (I actually created 21 NYC videos--there was so much to share!)
My Seven Days In New York included:
- Seeing Van Gogh's "Seeing Starry Night" and Dali's "Melting Watch" at MOMA
- Experiencing Louis Vuitton 200th year 200 trunks exhibit
- Comedy show with my son, Sam, at Far Black Pussycat
- Best cappuccino ever at Ralph's Coffee inside Ralph Lauren flagship store
- Met Mark Normand in LaGuardia 10 minutes after landing in New York
- Comedy show at Broadway Comedy Club
- At least one cappuccino a day at a variety of indie coffee shops
- Thrift shopping in Manhattan and Brooklyn (ALL overpriced!)
- Walked Central Park in the rain (no umbrella)
- Carriage ride in Central Park
- Shopped at Bergdorf Goodman
- Walked the Brooklyn Bridge
- Spent an hour in the Hassidic neighborhood of Williamsburg-Brooklyn
- Ate at Olive Tree Cafe (above The Cellar), saw Sam Morril, Joe List, talked to Ray Romano
- Shopped at Bloomingdales
- Shopped at Macy's Herald Square (largest department store in the world)
- Saw my first Broadway Show "Hadestown"
- Saw the three-minute art installation in Times Square
- Shopped at an indie bookstore in Brooklyn
- Ate famous cheesecake after Broadway show at Juniors by Times Square
- Saw the NYU arch
- Heard Jessica Kirson, Ryan Hamilton, Colin Quinn do stand up at Village Underground
- Heard jazz trio at the Washington Square Park arch
- Shopped at a street fair in Manhattan
- Bought fruit from a fruit guy near the Queensboro bridge
- Saw the aerial bridge connecting the two old Gimbles buildings
- Walked 5th Ave, 7th Ave, Madison Ave, Manhattan, Flat Iron, Sty-Town, Brooklyn, Upper East Side, Park Ave
- Had handmade Coca Cola (Syrup + seltzer) at Lexington Candy Store
- Saw authentic Gucci and Versace products at TJ Maxx in Manhattan
- Talked to a woman writing a song by the women's bathroom in Macy's Herald Square
Talk to me! If you'd like support with your online business, please book a free chat with me at bit.ly/talktobonnie.
Are you in the Cafe?? The Social Media Marketing Cafe has over 100 brand new tutorials and answers to all of your business, marketing and social media how-to questions! Gain access to tutorials, step-by-step guides, behind-the-scenes of my podcast, and downloadable pdfs for help with social media, online marketing, livestreaming, podcasting, and much more! Anyone in the Cafe can suggest a topic/tutorial and I'll create it!
Have you joined my free Facebook group yet? If you want free, proven strategies to get your audience finding you online and buying from you and really grow your business by leaps and bounds, you want to be here!
Wanna chat? Grab a free 20-minute call with me to get the help you need for your business or your podcast!
Please feel free to leave me a voice message about the episode you just heard--you can also ask me a business question and request a topic for future podcasts.
If you enjoy this week's podcast episode, I'd love it if you would do a few things:
- Subscribe to the podcast on ApplePodcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you listen to podcasts.
- Rate and review the podcast on Apple Podcasts.
- Tag me on your Instagram stories! Use #businessfabulous and I'll reshare your post on my IG account! Tag me here: @thevisibilityexpert
Thank you so much for supporting me! 💕