How long it really takes people to consume your website content and all-things bounce rate
Sep 16, 2019
Do you really know how long it takes people to consume content on your website? In this week's episode of Business Fabulous, we dive into that with a case study and look at all-things bounce rate and how to improve yours.
Wanna chat? Grab a free 20-minute Business Breakthrough session here or chat about ways to monetize your podcast here.
Feel free to give me feedback on this or any episode at [email protected].
Mentioned in this episode
Business Fabulous Academy
Bounce Rate infographic
In this weeks' episode:
- Your website is the place where you provide the most amount of value to your target audience.
- The longer people are on your website, the more likely they are to consume your content and opt in for your freebies
- It's important to attract, compel and convert your website visitors.
- You have 3-5 seconds to convince a website visitor to stay on your website and consume content.
- When they leave your website, they "bounce" off it.
- Bounce Rate = a percentage; the frequency of someone leaving your website from the landing page without browsing any further.
- Neil Patel reports the average bounce rate is 40.5% but there are different types of bounce rates
- Different industries, websites, particular landing pages have very different acceptable bounce rates.
- It's important to know your website's bounce rates.
- I provide a case study of my content consumption on two very different websites.
- Pop ups can keep people on your website longer and build your list.
- You should have multiple opt in experiences on your website, ideally at least one per page on your website.
This week's CHALLENGE:
Take a look at your bounce rate and your customer behavior flow on your Google Analytics. Looking at this can really enhance your audience's website experience, the amount of time they spend on your website, the content they consume, and grow your list!
Are you ready for more business success? Listen here.
If you enjoy this week's podcast episode, I'd love it if you would do a few things:
1. Subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or Stitcher.
2. Rate and review the podcast on Apple Podcasts.
3. Share a screenshot on Instagram stories of you listening to the podcast and tag me @bonnie.frank or @businessfabulouspodcast
Thank you so much for supporting me! 💕
I hope you'll listen in and then hop on over and join our Facebook Group here where the discussion continues.